So I experimented with dyeing some tags and thread spools in coffee.
The darker ones I dyed with instructions I found online using coffee, vinegar, and steel wool. The lighter ones I just soaked in coffee. I dried them in the sun for about 20 minutes. I flipped them over every 5 minutes to make sure they dry evenly. I like how the lighter ones turned out and that is how I am going to dye them in the future. I am not happy with the darker ones and definitely won’t be using the vinegar and steel wool again.
I took some of the lighter ones and made these:
Love them! They can be scissor fobs, ornaments, or whatever you want. I personally am going to use them as ornaments of course. I stitched these with my dyed threads. I am thinking of lots of small designs I can put on these. Since I love how these turned out I will definitely be making some more.
I also wanted to quickly share a new pattern today:
A Patriotic Bunny
I just listed this in my etsy shop along with some needle minders. If you would like to take a look go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/stitchorizeit.
Have a great week everyone! Stitch on!